Friday, November 14, 2014

Celebrating Berlin

It's been few days since the 25th anniversary of the Berlin Wall being torn down, but I feel now's a good time to share some of my favourite photographs that I took whilst on a trip to Berlin last year. I've decided to share the monochrome photographs first but I have plans to post the colour copies. These photographs were actually taken using my SLR as part of a project inspired by digitally created Lomography.

Initially a form of creative and experimental film photography, Lomography was started as an art movement through which students held exhibitions featuring photographs of Vienna taken by the LCA camera which was created by the Russian company LOMO (hence the name). Now it's a popular style of editing photographs and you can buy Lomography cameras, such as the Diana Mini which is the Lomography camera I have. So the thing that makes Lomographs special..basically crazy colours created by light leaks, vignettes and interesting perspectives and compositions.

My photographs were taken all around Berlin but I had a particular interest in focusing on the juxtaposition between the old, communist remnants and the modern rebuilt areas as well as documenting the exciting monumental places I visited such as the Brandenburg. I especially loved photographing the Berlin Wall and seeing the amazing artwork on it.
























SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Seeking the Impossible. All rights reserved.
Charli Liddle Photography