Sunday, November 09, 2014

Burning Books

My blog is still feeling a little empty and I want to share some of more of my favourite work. Completely contrasting with the icy wintery atmosphere of my frozen flowers, these photographs were from a very striking set.

For me, this set was probably the most shocking thing I could have done for my photography as an English student. I didn't just photograph books, oh no... I set fire to books and then photographed them. It was an amazing experience, destroying something purely for the creation of art. Naturally these were not my own books, nor were they of great quality.  This set was inspired by the way books have been burned throughout history as a part of censorship.









SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Seeking the Impossible. All rights reserved.
Charli Liddle Photography